Beginning in March, we will be offering COVID-19 vaccines at the Health Department, located at 239 Golden Hill Lane, Kingston, NY by appointment only. To schedule an appointment, please call 845-340-3070.
Please check with your health care provider or pharmacist regarding your COVID-19 vaccination needs.
To find a COVID-19 vaccine near you, please visit: vaccines.gov or call 1-800-232-0233 (TTY 1-888-720-7489).
There are four approved or authorized vaccines in the United States.
- Pfizer is approved for 6 months and over
- Moderna is approved for 6 months and over
- Johnson & Johnson/Janssen is approved for ages 18+ (CDC recommends that the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine only be considered in certain situations, due to safety concerns.)
- Novavax is approved for ages 12+
CDC recommends that people ages 5 years and older receive one updated (bivalent) booster if it has been at least 2 months since their last COVID-19 vaccine dose, whether that was:
- Their final primary series dose, or
- An original (monovalent) booster
People who have received more than one original (monovalent) booster are also recommended to get an updated (bivalent) booster. The updated (bivalent) boosters protect against both the original virus that causes COVID-19 and the Omicron variants.
You can obtain the updated booster at the same time as other vaccines, including your flu shot. To find a vaccination site, please visit: https://www.vaccines.gov/ or by calling 1-800-232-0233.
For COVID-19 vaccination schedules, please visit CDC’s COVID-19: Stay Up to Date with COVID-19 Vaccines Including Boosters
Answers to FAQs:
- Second-dose appointments are automatically scheduled for those vaccines which require two doses, however, second doses may also be administered as a separate walk-in or appointment at the Best Buy POD.
- If the link takes you to a screen that says “No Appointments Available,” it means that all appointments have been filled. More appointments will be posted as they become available. Please check back.
- The link works best with the Google Chrome browser.
- On the final page of the registration, it will say “print this page,” “register” or “done.” Clicking that will confirm the appointment is done. You should receive a confirmation email and/or text when the appointment has been successfully made.
The COVID-19 vaccine is also widely available at multiple convenient locations throughout the County (see the links below for locations).
Need a Vaccination Appointment at Home?