Ulster County has announced Project Resilience, a community fund and local food distribution effort to support residents impacted by COVID-19. The County has secured over $2 million in funding in 24 hours, and will utilize UCAT and partner with non-profits and municipalities to deliver meals to local distribution centers. This new initiative will help residents in need and simultaneously provide support to small businesses. Ulster County is partnering with United Way and many other area organizations and businesses to mobilize food and services. Press release for this initiative is available here.
Funds raised here will be used to purchase meals from local businesses and not-for-profit organizations, helping to keep dollars circulating in our food economy while we ensure that everyone is fed, as well as for other support. We are aiming to raise $5 million dollars. That may sound like a lot, but it’s roughly the cost of a week’s groceries for everyone in the county. Please contribute to help your neighbors – any amount, small or large, will be a huge help.
Ulster County Residents
REQUEST FOR FOOD ASSISTANCE: This temporary program provides meals 3x weekly to residents impacted by COVID-19 via Local Distribution Centers.
NOTE: This service is not for individuals or households with a Mandatory or Precautionary Quarantine in place. There is another meal service available for these cases. Please call the Ulster County COVID19 Hotline at 845-443-8888 to make arrangements if there is an official quarantine in place.
- REQUEST for Food Assistance
- OPT-OUT/CHANGE Request for Food Assistance (for those already registered with Project Resilience)
- *If you requested food assistance more than three days ago and have not been contacted regarding meal delivery please complete the CHANGE/UPDATE to Request for Food Assistance form above.
SOLICITUD DE ASISTENCIA ALIMENTARIA: Este programa temporal proporciona comidas 3 veces por semana a los residentes afectados por COVID-19 a través de los Centros de Distribución Local.
- SOLICITUD de Asistencia Alimentaria
- ELIMINAR/CAMBRIAR Solicitud de Asistencia Alimentaria (o aquellos que ya están registrados en Project Resilience)
- Si solicitó asistencia alimentaria hace más de tres días y no ha sido contactado con respecto a la entrega de comidas, complete el formulario ELIMINAR/CAMBRIAR Solicitud de Asistencia Alimentaria arriba.
MEAL DISTRIBUTION SCHEDULE (PROGRAMA DE DISTRIBUCIÓN DE COMIDAS)
- Mondays / Wednesdays /Fridays (lunes / miércoles /viernes)
- Ellenville (Village) & Wawarsing (Town)
- Saugerties (Town & Village)
- Tuesdays / Thursdays / Saturdays (martes / jueves / sábados)
- TRINITY: Gardiner/Shawangunk/ Plattekill
- New Paltz (Town & Village)
- Special Schedule (Horario Especial)
- Kingston (City) + Kingston & Ulster (Towns)
- Project Resilience will be partnering with Family of Woodstock to identify open daycare slots in Ulster County and match them with families who need emergency child care.
- Currently, we have openings for School-Age Child Care programs operated by the YMCA in Marbletown, Ellenville, Kingston and New Paltz at Lenape Elementary. Please contact the YMCA’s Cailin Rooney to sign up: 845-338-3810 ext. 110.
- There are limited child care vacancies in the 0-5 year-old programs. Parents needing care contact the Child Care Resource and Referral (CCRR) offices 845-331-7080 available M-F 8-5 pm.
Ulster County Restaurant and Food Service Community:
- Sign-Up Now for Restaurants and Food Service Provider (English)
- REGÍSTRESE AHORA para el Proveedor de Restaurantes y Servicios de Alimentos (Español)
- Guidelines for Food Service Providers
Ulster County Municipalities
For participating municipalities and businesses, please contact: