- Ulster Emergency Food Resources & Area Grocery Stores. A list of pharmacies offering delivery is available at this link. It is possible to use SNAP benefits for curbside pickup and other shopping options.
- Ulster County Office for the Aging: Ulster County Office for the Aging offers grocery shopping assistance for residents ages 60 and over who have no one to shop for them. Visit their website https://ulstercountyny.gov/aging/ or call (845)-340-3456 for more information.
- Project Manna is a group of several non-profit organizations working together to help with grocery shopping and delivery for seniors and others at risk. There is no cost for this service, however, you must have a credit card or personal check to pay for the groceries/prescriptions and a telephone in order to participate in the program. Please call for more information:
Jewish Federation of U.C.: Mondays & Fridays 10 am-3 pm (845) 338-8131
Hand in Hand: Wednesdays-Saturdays 10 am-4 pm (845) 389-0969
Jewish Family Services: Mondays-Thursdays 9 am-1 pm (845) 338-2980
Food and Meal Assistance
- Ulster County Office for the Aging: Meal assistance to residents ages 60 and over who have difficulty preparing meals and are homebound may be eligible for OFA meal delivery service. Visit their website https://ulstercountyny.gov/aging/home-delivered-meals or call (845)-340-3456.
- School District Meal Delivery Plans: Ulster County school districts providing meals for school-aged children are posted on the County website. https://covid19.ulstercountyny.gov/schools/
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program SNAP:
Visit the Ulster County website for information or www.mybenefits.ny.gov to apply and NYDocSubmit to upload supporting required documentation.
Ulster County SNAP Department (845) 334-5200
Hudson Valley Community Services for SNAP application assistance (845)-579-2558
Financial Assistance- Unemployment, food, Utilities, Medical
- Unemployment- Expanded unemployment assistance is now available. Please visit https://www.labor.ny.gov/unemploymentassistance or call (888)-209-8124
- Ulster County Department of Social Services
Ulster County Temporary Assistance (845)-334-5442
Medicaid Office (845)-334-5175
www.nystateofhealth.ny.gov– the official health plan marketplace (855)-355-5777
- Hudson Valley Region 211: Call 2-11 or go online http://www.hudson211.org/cms/ United Way’s 2-1-1 Helpline is a free, confidential, multilingual service to assist the public in finding the answers to a variety of Health and Human Services related questions.
Project Resilience Phase 2
Project Resilience will offer Phase 2 assistance to those who are homebound with limited supports, not eligible for other government assistance, and not able to connect to any of the programs listed here. Please contact the Ulster County COVID hotline at (845) 443-8888 for more information.
- Grocery Boxes: Grocery boxes may be available for weekly pickup or delivery starting on Monday May 18th, depending on your location. Please call the COVID hotline to determine eligibility.
- Prepared meals: Distribution of prepared meals will continue to be available in a limited capacity to residents that meet the eligibility standard in participating municipalities. Please call the COVID hotline for more information and to determine eligibility.
Download the Project Resilience Phase 2 flyer here