UCAT Modified July 2020
After carefully monitoring the ongoing COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic in Ulster County and the greater Hudson Valley/Catskills region and Ulster County’s entry into Phase 4 of reopening scheduled for July 7, 2020, UCAT will add three additional fixed routes and other services for the month of July, beginning July 6, 2020. The changes are as follows:
- Service will be available on Monday through Friday, there is no weekend service at this time.
- Effective Monday, July 6, 2020, the following fixed routes will be available:
- R Route service between Kingston and New Paltz between 5:20 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- W and X Route morning service only between from New Paltz to Walkill and Newburgh between 6:00 a.m. and 9 a.m.
- Fare-free service within the City of Kingston on the Red, Blue and Yellow Routes is available between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m.
- LINK service to Poughkeepsie on the KPL and UPL Routes available between 8 a.m. and 6:30 p.m.
- KS Route between Saugerties and Kingston is available between 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m., with transfers available to the MALL LOOP Service that will provide access to the Ulster Avenue Mall area shopping complexes
- E Route service between Kingston and Ellenville with buses leaving Kingston at 10:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. and buses leaving Ellenville Liberty Square at 11:45 a.m. and 5:30 p.m.
- Z Route service between Kingston and Pine Hill with busses leaving Kingston at 8:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. and buses leaving Pine Hill at 9:15 a.m. and 3:15 p.m.
In addition to these routes, paratransit services will continue to be available, as well as Medical Van service and Shopping Bus Service and riders should call the scheduling office at 845-334-8120, available from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. the day before their planned trip, and on Friday for a Monday trip.
UCAT buses will have an additional staff aboard each bus to ensure riders are complying with social distancing and mask usage. New procedures used by UCAT are as follows:
- Masks will be required to ride the bus and will be available to riders if they do not have one.
- Social distancing will be required by cordoning off every other row of the bus.
- Full cleaning of the buses are done on a daily basis by a cleaning company using CDC-approved cleaning products.
- Drivers also complete additional cleaning of the buses throughout the day.