COVID -19 UCAT Action Plan Update
UCAT Reduction of Service Effective 3/27/20
After carefully monitoring the ongoing COVID-19 (coronavirus) state of emergency in Ulster County and the greater Hudson Valley/Catskills region, UCAT will be further reducing its fixed route service. UCAT deeply regrets the inconvenience that may be caused to riders. However, these changes will assist with social distancing measures and this decision has been made in the best interest of the health of our riders, drivers, and public and to contain the spread of COVID-19 as much as possible. The changes are as follows:
- There will be no service on Saturday, March 28 or Sunday March 29.
- Effective Monday, March 31, 2020, there will be four fixed routes:
- Service between Kingston and Saugerties (current KS route) between 8 a.m. and 4:50 p.m.
- [b] Service between Kingston and Port Ewen (a combination of the current Blue and Yellow routes) between 8:00 a.m. and 4:15 p.m.
- Service between Kingston and Ellenville (current EU route) with buses leaving Kingston at 8:00 a.m. and 1:15 p.m. and buses leaving Ellenville at 9:10 a.m. and 2:25 p.m.
- Service between Kingston and Pine Hill with buses leaving Kingston at 10:15 a.m. and 3:15 p.m. and buses leaving Pine Hill at 11:20 a.m. and 4:20 p.m.
In addition to these four routes, a demand response service will be available to our amazing essential workers (health care, grocery, pharmacy, etc.) for no charge.
Riders will be required to call the scheduling office (845) 334-8120, available from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. the day before their planned trip, and on Friday for a Monday trip.
For riders with shopping and pharmacy pick-up needs, UCAT will connect residents to the Ulster County Government Project Resilience effort and re-introduce its Shopping Bus mid-week.