Applications are due by August 6th!
Eligible applicants must apply through the NYS COVID Rent Relief website, beginning on July 16th – 30th.
Fore more information call the New York State COVID Rent Relief Program Call Center: 1-833-499-0318
To qualify for rental assistance, residents must meet all the following eligibility criteria:
- Be a renter with a primary residence in New York;
- Lost income due to COVID-19 crisis during the period April 1, 2020 to July 31, 2020;
- Household does not current receive a housing subsidy that covering housing costs that exceed 30 percent of their income;
- Before March 1, 2020 and at the time of application, household income must be below 80 percent area median income (see table below); families with extremely low income will be prioritized; and
- Before March 1, 2020 and at the time of application, household must be “rent burdened,” or pay more than 30 percent of their gross monthly income for rent.
Households with at least one household member with U.S. Citizenship or eligible immigration status qualify for the subsidy.
|Persons In Household||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8|
|80% pf County Median Income||$46,900||$53,600||$60,300||$66,950||$72,350||$77,700||$83,050||$88,400|
|Rent Limits||Efficiency||1 Bed||2 Bed||3 Bed||4 Bed|
|125% of HUD Fair Market Rent (FMR)||$990||$1,209||$1,519||$1,954||$2,210|
Residents may apply for one month or up to four months of assistance during this period; the one-time subsidy is paid directly to the applicant’s landlord. To be eligible, applicants must verify income, including wages, any cash assistance, child support, Social Security payments, rental payments, unemployment benefits and the like.
Rental Assistance Available for:
- Apartment rental;
- Rent for a single-family home;
- Manufactured home rental; and
- Manufactured home lot rental.