If you are attempting to apply for Unemployment Insurance and you are not getting through or have any other concerns, please contact the Ulster County Office of Employment and Training at 845-340-3170
NYS Unemployment Resources:
- The updated Unemployment Benefits Application System will determine which unemployment program — Unemployment Insurance or Pandemic Unemployment Assistance — New Yorkers should apply for and then prompt them to answer a specific set of questions. The application builds on the new online system the department rolled out on Friday, April 10th, in partnership with the State Office of Information Technology Services and Google Cloud, to help manage the exponential and unprecedented increase in new claims resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic.
- For filing a new UI Claim, please visit: unemployment.labor.ny.gov or call Telephone Claim Center at: 888-209-8124
- Claimants will be covered from the day they separate from employment and not the date the are able to file.
- If you already have a claim, please go to: applications.labor.ny.gov/Individual to make weekly certifications or to view your claim information.
- New Yorkers who have already filed partial claims under the old UI system and were told to call the call center to finish their application should NOT – instead, the DOL call center will call these New Yorkers directly.
- Other upgrades include expanded call center hours: It’s now open Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 7:30 p.m., and for the first time on weekends from 7:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- There’s also a change to the filing system that’s based on the first letter of the applicants last name. In addition to the existing order — which is A-F file on Mondays, G-N on Tuesday, and O-Z on Wednesday — New Yorkers that missed their day can now file Thursday through Sunday.
- NEW CALL-BACK SYSTEM FOR UI CLAIMS – updated 4/9/20
- Important update regarding a new call-back system for Unemployment Insurance Claims.
- Under the new system, if you have been instructed to call the Telephone Claims Center to complete filing your claim, you no longer need to call. A representative from the NYS DOL will call you back within 72 hours.
- Updated Links from NYSDOL:
- For questions and concerns about fraud, stolen identity, or other unauthorized unemployment claims, contact New York State Department of Labor and/or the Federal Trade Commission.
- NYSDOL Fact sheet on Pandemic Unemployment Insurance NEW!
- Pandemic Unemployment Assistance
- Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA). PUA has extended eligibility for individuals who have traditionally been ineligible for UI benefits, including independent contractors and self-employed individuals. Please note, you cannot apply for PUA, until you have been determined ineligible for UI benefits. You must apply for UI before you apply for PUA.
NYS Self-Employment Resources:
If you are self-employed, you may now file for UI benefits online. See guidance on how to file a UI claim if you are self-employed: www.labor.ny.gov/ui/pdfs/self-employed-ui-guide.pdf
Ulster County Employment Resources:
Ulster County Office of Employment & Training: www.ulsterworks.com
Ulster County Career Center Facebook: facebook.com/UlsterCountyCareerCenter