Are you interested in supporting Ulster County’s efforts to contain the spread of the Covid-19 virus? This is an extremely important effort will save lives and reduce suffering.
We are looking for volunteers that can help do the following:
- Call contacts of anyone diagnosed with COVID-19, determine exposure, assess symptoms, refer to UC-DOH for testing if needed, and provide them with instructions for and ensure compliance with quarantine.
- Enter data
- Maintain ongoing communication with contacts to assess symptoms.
- Communicate with contacts in a professional and empathetic manner maintaining emotional and cultural awareness.
If you are interested, the first step in this process will be to complete the Johns Hopkins University on-line training. The training will take about six hours and needs to be completed within one week of starting. You can start and stop the course at your discretion.
Here are the steps:
- Register for the training here. It is hosted on Coursera. Click ‘Enroll for free’, register as an individual, and then when prompted, be sure to select the option that says ‘Purchase Course -$49’. This will allow you to get a certificate, and you will not be charged for the course.
- Complete the course within one week
- After completing the course, please email the completion certificate to Arif Khan (email@example.com), along with any comments you may have.
- After you complete the course, you will be provided with further guidance on next steps.