Ulster County Office of Economic Development
Ulster County Department of Economic Development is available and ready to help our local businesses face these challenging times. Please call or email us with your concerns and questions.
Phase Four: All regions of the state have entered Phase 4 of reopening. Clicking on the links below will redirect to the summary guidelines established by New York State.
- Higher Education
- Pre-K to Grade 12 Schools
- Low-Risk Outdoor Arts & Entertainment
- Low-Risk Indoor Arts & Entertainment
- Media Production
- Professional Sports Competitions With No Fans
- Gyms and Fitness Centers
Ulster County began Phase Three Reopening June 23, 2020. Phase Three Industries include:
- Food Services (including indoor dining)
- Personal Care (nails, waxing, massage, tattoo, piercing, and more)
Ulster County began Phase 2 Reopening on June 9 2020.
Phase Two Industries include:
- Real Estate
- Essential and Phase 2 In-Store Retail
- Vehicle Sales, Leases, and Rentals
- Retail Rental, Repair, and Cleaning
- Commercial Building Management
- Hair Salons and Barbershops
- Outdoor Dining
Phase One Reopening began on May 26, 2020.
Phase One Industries include:
- Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing, and Hunting
- Retail (limited to curbside or in-store pickup or drop off
- Wholesale Trade
Safety plan templates are available by visiting https://forward.ny.gov/industries-reopening-phase
A safe reopening of our local economy is a shared responsibility. Local businesses are encouraged to reach out to the Office of Economic Development with their questions and concerns.